A critical aspect of success in the assignment is a rigorous process. What you can expect from us is:
- A refined and localized survey tool.
- A realistic field plans.
- Carefully selected and trained field workers with experience relevant to your study.
- A thoroughly supervised and observed data collection process.
- A clean dataset in your desired format.
What a typical process is like:
Based on our experience and the review of the 2008 Country Survey report provided to us, the process of undertaking the survey if following a similar format and process as the 2008 survey would be as follows:
- Agreeing key parameters of the survey like target response rate and confidence interval
- Agreeing a time table for key stages of the process and for deliverables
- Tool design and testing.
- Zoning of respondents. We would typically classify the respondents or stakeholders by their physical location (e.g. Northern, Western, Kampala) and by their type (e.g. Office of the President, Ministry officials, Civil Society, Independent institutions).
- Data collection. This includes follow up from the respondents using the regional teams and a combination of email, telephone and physical follow up.
- Quality review. We use a quality review manager throughout the process to ensure success. This is not something many firms typically do.
- Data cleaning, coding and entry. Inputting information into the analysis software (API and STATA Programmes).
- Report writing. We summaries and share preliminary results and drafts of the report to obtain your feedback.
- Project management from team lead. Throughout the process, we would regularly update you in line with the agreed time table to ensure that any delays or other unexpected outcomes are managed to ensure “no surprises.” Filder, the team principal is heavily involved and not only at the end. This is also not something many firms typically do.